For a September 2019 start, we are seeking a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic Lead Practitioner (Science) to join our Science faculty and support early career stage teachers and delivery of excellent T&L opportunities and achieving excellent outcomes for students in Science KS3-KS4. You will have strong subject knowledge and a proven track-record of exemplary classroom practice together with the ability to be pro-active and responsible for the development of T&L practice in Science delivered by a large team of teachers. The well-resourced department has a relentless focus on developing an effective academic curriculum and raising attainment at all Key Stages. The Science department is at an exciting stage of development, drawing upon the expertise of a number of strong practitioners. You will be supporting the Head of Faculty in further developing the strengths of the team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to begin or further advance their leadership expertise. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff. Applications are welcome from all science specialisms.
The successful candidate must be:
• Able to teach Science to at least KS4 (triple and trilogy)
• Passionate about Science and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
• Resilient with a strong personal drive,
• Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
• Able to lead and support the development of T&L in Science.
• Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
• Someone who has a passion for the Sciences and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you; -
• A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
• A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
• A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
• A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning,
This post would be suitable for a more experienced practitioner with an interest in developing the practice of others, their wider subject knowledge and their leadership skills. Informal visits are welcomed. Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
To find out more about our academy please visit our website at www.dukesacademy.org.uk
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 1st May 2019 at 12:00pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown in this post and wish you well for your future career.