Our school is a thriving, voluntary aided, non-denominational comprehensive school serving the educational needs of boys from the ages of 11 to 18, from a diverse local community. The school benefits from a joint co-educational sixth form with our neighbouring girls’ school. We are on the edge of Hampstead Heath in the London Borough of Camden with 800 on roll and we are part of the highly regarded LaSWAP sixth form consortium.
Applications are invited for January 2019 for a one-year post of:
Lead Practitioner and Teacher of English,
Leadership Scale L8 – L12 (Inner London pay £55,060 - £59,972)
We seek an enthusiastic and highly capable teacher who has successful experience of leading change and developing practice across a team or school.
You would join a team of well-qualified and established English teachers who are highly ambitious for the students. You would also be part of the Extended Leadership Team working as a lead practitioner improving teaching, learning and assessment across the school by leading on aspects of the School Development Plan. This post has arisen because the current post holder is going on maternity leave from the Spring term. It is a one-year fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an outstanding teacher with excellent subject knowledge and a deep understanding of what makes an excellent curriculum for English;
· Have a track record of securing excellent student progress from all starting points in their own classes;
· Have experience of working with and through others to improve the outcomes for young people beyond their own classroom;
· Be an inspirational and collaborative leader with the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of young people;
· Be a caring and principled professional committed to social equity.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of students and the local community, we look forward to hearing from you.
We reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th October 2018 at 9.00am
Selection day: Thursday 18th October 2018
William Ellis School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, all appointments are subject to CRB checks and excellent references.