- “Coombe Girls’ School is an outstanding school’, Ofsted May 2013
- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Total number on roll : 1,338 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 296
- A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; 91% of pupils achieved 5 or more A*- C GCSE passes last year, 84% of pupils achieved 5 or more including English and Maths with 12% achieving a numerical Grade 9 in Maths.
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of the Coombe Academy Trust
We are seeking to appoint, for September 2018, an experienced, well-qualified and ambitious teacher of science to become a Lead Practitioner of Biology. The ideal candidate will be joining a forward thinking and high achieving science team which consists of 12 teaching and 4 support staff. All sciences are very popular options Post-16.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in an outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan which is tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study
- Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for Science which is evident in their day to day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school
For further information about the school and to apply please visit the school website www.coombegirlsschool.org
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 24th May 2018
We encourage early applications and withhold the right to close any vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
‘This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’