We wish to appoint for September 2018 a Lead Practitioner for our English Faculty.
The successful candidate will be part of our Teaching and Learning Team led by our Assistant Headteacher responsible for Teaching & Learning.
If you are passionate about Teaching and Learning and aspire to senior leadership this is the post for you. You will have specific responsibility for the development of Teaching & Learning in your specialised subject, but also contribute to the continued whole school improvement by holding a wider role across the school by being part of the schools Teaching and Learning team.
Barnwell School is committed to the development and training of all staff. We can therefore offer you exceptional opportunities to:
- Work and learn in an exciting and creative school environment;
- Work with an experienced, dynamic and committed department;
- Undertake further professional study.
For further information please contact Miss Sarah Phillips, HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01438 222500 Pre-application visits are encouraged.
Closing date for applicants: Monday 23 April 2018 9am
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 30 April 2018
Barnwell is committed to safeguarding children and young people
Barnwell serves the communities of South Stevenage and the surrounding villages although many students also travel from further afield to Barnwell for their education. The School is unique in the area as it is situated on two campuses allowing the school to be structured as a Middle and Upper School. What we offer is unique in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire.
Both the Middle and Upper School are very distinctive and are personalised to the ages of the students they serve but both are underpinned by the same expectations and high standards that originate from Barnwell School’s vision: Achieving Excellence Together Our Vision is to create and deliver outstanding educational experiences for every student at Barnwell School. We achieve this through:
- valuing every student as an individual, ensuring they realise their potential by providing an aspirational and engaging curriculum
- delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning to ensure excellent progress and achievement that inspires all our students
- ensuring no matter what the starting point, outstanding progress is achievable by all
- supporting student growth and development through our close caring community ethos of respect and tolerance for others and building a sense of belonging
- providing a learning environment which is both stimulating and supportive, whilst fostering excellence and independence
- inspiring a culture and thirst for lifelong learning based on motivation, challenge, praise and reward to enable students to achieve their goals in life
- building positive partnerships with parents and the local community to widen opportunities and secure high quality outcomes for all of our students
Achieving Excellence Together
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com