Required for: September 2021 or Easter 2021 (preferable)
Are you an ambitious English Teacher looking to take on a role with responsibility? We are extremely proud of our English Department and are seeking a teacher who can help lead this dynamic team. Investing heavily in staff development, we are committed to supporting our teachers through all stages in their careers.
The Lead Practitioner in English will support the Head of Department for English with a core purpose to develop the quality of teaching and learning in the subject. The role will also involve coaching to develop the practice of members of the English team.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke three-year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the English Department and Kennet School please look at the application pack in the attachments below.
We would like you to be:
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach English to KS4 in Language and Literature and to KS5 in either;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply:
The easiest way to apply is by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mr C Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information email@example.com
Deadline and Interview dates:
Deadline: 9am on Wednesday, 20 January 2021.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview Date: Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to Kennet School’s dedicated career site. Below you will find information about what makes Kennet such a unique and rewarding place to develop your career. You will also find all of our current vacancies listed at the bottom of the page.