Lead Practitioner for Mathematics
(Permanent & Full-time)
Required from 01 September 2018
Leadership Scale is range between LP5-11 dependent on experience
Closing Date for Application is noon on Thursday 21 June 2018
We are seeking to appoint a teacher with an excellent track record of raising student attainment through outstanding teaching and learning or an NQT with outstanding potential to join our successful Mathematics Faculty. We value the professional development of each and every member staff at Park High School and have established the Pennine Teaching Alliance which works in partnership with universities to offer accredited courses. These include NQT & RQT training courses and also middle and senior leadership courses (NPQML/NPQSL) for those more experienced teachers looking to further their career.
Park High School is a successful 11-16 comprehensive school situated on the edge of Colne and close to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. There are 1050 students on roll and we are pleased to be oversubscribed. Our mission is to develop young people with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each young person and are driven by an unswerving determination that no pupil in our school will be left behind.
We are a school committed to:
- Raising aspirations and bringing out the best in all students
- Exceptionally high levels of academic achievement and personal development
- Our mission of developing young people with active and creative minds
Park High School will provide:
- Staff who will unfailingly reassure students that by working together there are no barriers that they cannot overcome to achieve their full potential
- Students who strive to attain exceptionally high levels of academic achievement and personal development
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development
- Friendly and supportive colleagues, who go the extra mile
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, providing engaging and creative learning experiences for all students
- Motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students within the Mathematics Faculty to be the best that they can be
- Contribute to the leadership of the school by initiating and participating in whole school developments.
Park High School is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children.
Application packs can be downloaded from www.park-high.co.uk
Electronic applications are also welcome by email.