LEAD PRACTITIONER GEOGRAPHY
· Required April 2018 (September start would be considered)
· Salary: Leadership Scale
· Contract: Permanent
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional teacher and experienced curriculum leader to use their abilities and knowledge within a thriving, diverse school community where staff are supported and student success is at the heart of all that we do.
We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an outstanding school. We are looking for a colleague to lead the popular curriculum area of Geography and also to contribute strategically across the whole school as a member of the Extended Leadership Team. The post would be an ideal step into a senior leadership position for an exceptional curriculum leader.
Barnhill Community High is part of the Middlesex Learning Partnership, which is at an exciting time in its development. The Trust has a strong shared sense of community and a real commitment to making a difference to the lives of young people. As part of a cross-phase Trust, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their experience and enhance the Geography curriculum in the primary phase.
· Receive specific training to support your development as a senior leader
· Have high expectations of yourself and those around you.
· Be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner.
· Be committed to improving the learning of all students.
· Have a sense of humour.
In return, we will offer you:
· A highly comprehensive benefits scheme to support your wellbeing
· Dedicated, friendly and experienced colleagues
· Motivated hard working students
· Exceptional ICT facilities
· A personalised programme of CPD
Further information and application form can be found on the school’s website: www.barnhillcommunityhigh.vacancies
To apply for this post please email a letter of application and completed application form to Tricia Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: noon Monday 29 January 2018
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.