Lead Practitioner in Mathematics
To Start January 2020
Salary: Leadership Scale 1-3
Play a key role in:
• Using your Specialist Leader of Education status or working towards it, as you work across our alliance of schools
• Raising standards by modelling excellent teaching
• Supporting professional development of colleagues in Maths and Numeracy across the school
• Working with professionals within the Teaching School Alliance
• Leading coaching and mentoring to excel the professional development of all colleagues
• Supporting the Head of Mathematics in the leadership and management of the department
• The continual improvement and development of the curriculum
• Leading as a high-level classroom practitioner
• Development of high-quality teaching materials and learning schemes
• Developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice that lead to school development.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in extremely popular and over-subscribed Academy on the border of South Birmingham
• Excellent training opportunities
• Opportunities to work across our alliance of schools and work towards Specialist Leader of Education status.
• Local Government pension scheme.
• Reduced rate gym memberships
• Secondary school with excellent reputation both locally and regionally
• Ofsted ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Welfare and Behaviour.
• Extensive CPDL programme for all staff at every stage in their career
Interested candidates are welcome to come and look around the school by prior appointment.
To apply please download our application pack from our website www.woodrushhigh.worcs.sch.uk
Alternatively, please contact Amy Branford, Lead HR Administrator on 01564 820097 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a pack emailed or posted out to you
Closing date first post 15th October 2019, Interview dates to be confirmed.
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
‘Morale at the school is exceptionally high. Teachers are proud to work at the school, they are fully engaged in leaders’ improvement drive and all share a common goal, namely, to make their school the best it can be.’ Ofsted 2018