Required: April or September 2020
Salary: LP3 – LP7 (£43,357 - £47,942)
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible for: The Lead Practitioner in Mathematics will support the Secondary Schools Standards Officers to improve pupil outcomes and teaching and learning in Mathematics across the Trust schools.
Job Purpose: To further develop and support our Mathematics teachers across the Trust in delivering high quality teaching and learning to our pupils which promote outstanding outcomes.
The Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 26 schools, 4 of which are secondary, a sixth form college and a teaching school. With more than 9,000 pupils and 1,200 staff, the Trust is now the North East’s largest Catholic Trust and the second largest Catholic Multi Academy Trust in the UK.
We are looking for an inspirational and highly effective teacher to work as a Lead Practitioner for Mathematics across the Trust. The role will incorporate a teaching timetable initially at one of our secondary schools whilst also offering the opportunity to work across the wider Trust network of schools.
Ongoing professional development from within the Trust provides our Teachers and Leaders with great opportunities for development and progression. These opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must:
• Be fully committed to upholding and promoting the Catholic ethos of the Trust
• Demonstrate the highest standards of teaching and learning
• Inspire, motivate and empower pupils to make the best possible progress
• Show a commitment to innovation, creativity and inclusion
• Be able to make a significant contribution to the wider school context
The Trust offers:
• A strong, supportive ethos
• Happy, enthusiastic and friendly pupils
• Highly experienced and talented colleagues
• Excellent professional development and progression opportunities across our 26 schools
• Supportive Trust board, governors and parents
Candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the Trust by prior arrangement or if you would like an informal discussion, please email Nicola Reed at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019 by 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 17th or Wednesday 18th December 2019
Application form and further information is available from: npcat.org.uk
Applicants should complete and return a Leadership Application Form, a Recruitment Monitoring Form and a Rehabilitation of Offenders Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.