Manchester Evening News “School in the Community” 2019
2019 Progress 8 score + 0.52
This is a good school’ – Ofsted 2019
Permanent post - required for September 2020
Salary: P5-P9 £45,543 - £50,272
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Governors are seeking to appoint an exceptional lead practitioner who can work collaboratively to drive further improvements in an already successful school. The successful candidate will be an expert in their field and lead on the identification and development of strategies to ensure that teaching in mathematics is of the highest quality and that student outcomes meet or exceed expectations. The successful candidate will be given excellent opportunities for leadership development and preparation for senior leadership, including support for applications to nationally accredited schemes.
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is an over-subscribed mixed comprehensive with over 1,000 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence:-
• excellent communication skills;
• a high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding maths results at both key stages;
• excellent teaching and student outcomes;
• high quality organisational and management skills.
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
• to engage students in their learning;
• to ensure a wide focus on achievement and standards;
• to ensure that all pupils achieve their potential through the provision of exciting and appropriate programmes of study and high quality teaching systems
• to track pupil progress and implement intervention programmes as appropriate.
To apply for this post, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post, no more than two sides of A4, point 10, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 am on Monday, 27 January 2020. Interviews will be held on Friday, 31 January 2020
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service.
The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site
Hill Cot Road
Tel: 01204 333253