Ormiston Denes Academy, in association with Ormiston Academies Trust, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Lead Practitioner of Mathematics, or someone who wishes to take up this role within one year (TLR 2b within training year).
Ormiston Denes is a thriving and ambitious academy, rapidly moving towards Ofsted Outstanding. Under new leadership we have just recorded our highest ever student outcomes, increasing the proportion of students gaining English and mathematics by twenty percentage points to 53%, with progress in both subjects, well above the national average. As part of Ormiston we place a high value on staff development, both in teaching and leadership, and once established, this role would provide the opportunity to work across the Trust.
You will be a key leader within a well-resourced, supportive department full of excellent practitioners, keen to share best practice and continue moving forward. We also work collaboratively with other Ormiston Academies, both locally and nationally. This ensures we are at the leading edge of the latest developments in the subject, able to deliver the highest quality career professional development and provide progression opportunities within the Trust.
Our aim is for every student to make outstanding progress in every subject. This is through receiving engaging teaching that focuses on engendering a love of learning. If you are looking to lead in a vibrant academy which expects nothing but the best for its students, places a high value on the professional development of its staff, and feel you have the qualities to meet the demands of this rewarding position, then we wish to hear from you.
We are looking for a leader who:
· has a passion for mathematics and a special gift of communicating that passion
· is dynamic, innovative, self-motivating and able to inspire others
· has the ability to support others to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range
· has the highest expectations for the attainment of all young people
· enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of the department and the academy
· is driven to relentlessly remove barriers to students’ success
In return Ormiston Denes Academy will offer you:
· a thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence
· a supportive, welcoming community of professionals
· extensive development and collaboration opportunities, throughout the Ormiston network
· lower than average class sizes to allow maximum personalisation for students
For further details; an informal discussion with the Principal, or to make arrangements to visit the academy, please contact Dawn Carver, email@example.com, tel. 01502 574474. Application packs are available for download at www.ormistondenes.co.uk/recruitment. For more information on Ormiston Academies Trust visit www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk.
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 6th October 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 9th October 2017
Ormiston Denes Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.