Are you looking for a new adventure whilst continuing to specialise within your subject area? The Halley Academy has very recently joined Leigh Academies Trust and to ensure our vision to deliver teaching excellence comes to fruition in the very near future, we have brand new opportunities for Lead Practitioners to join us from September 2018. These are new positions for our school and we see the candidates appointed into these roles forming an incredibly strong team.
Initially starting with the following subject areas, we welcome outstanding teachers to put themselves forward for this career-defining role: Maths, English, Science, Humanities and MFL.
The overarching purpose of the Lead Practitioners will be to raise standards and develop teaching and learning, ensuring that the aims of the academy are effectively translated into high quality classroom practice both within the subject and in general. The remuneration associated with this role is a TLR which will be commensurate with the experience and visions that you can bring.
We pride ourselves on our excellent relationships between pupils and teachers and our strong ethos of sharing successes and celebrating achievement. We require an ambitious, determined and committed individual to ensure our pupils achieve at the very highest levels. The successful applicants will be responsible for ensuring quality first curriculum provision that will ensure rapid progression, challenge and enjoyment for all pupils. We are looking for inspirational middle leaders with enthusiasm, vision and excellent interpersonal skills. For more information, please consult the Job Description and Person Specification by clicking here.
Working with The Halley Academy: We are a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Now a fully integrated member of Leigh Academies Trust, The Halley Academy have recently appointed a highly experienced, skilful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at The Halley Academy, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for English and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.