The Hart School opened in September 2016, beginning a new era of education for Rugeley. The school replaces Hagley Park Academy, Fair Oak Academy (the 2nd and 3rd most improved schools in Staffordshire over the last four years) and Rugeley Sixth Form Academy. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team with a commitment to raising standards and creating new opportunities for generations of students in Rugeley.
We seek to appoint a highly motivated, outstanding practitioner to join the extended leadership team and work closely with the teaching and learning team. The role would be ideal for an ambitious, enthusiastic and successful English teacher looking to develop their career; or an existing curriculum leader with a track record of high achievement and innovative practice.
The successful candidate will provide strong strategic leadership for raising standards of teaching within English. If you have an absolute commitment to teamwork, sharing ideas, improving standards and have the ability to transform vision into reality, then we would like to hear from you.
English is delivered by a dedicated specialist team of staff and is taught up to KS5 where it enjoys popularity and success.
The Executive Leadership Team is working closely with staff creating opportunities and developing innovative approaches to teaching. We are able to offer bespoke CPD package to support teachers at any stage of their career.
We are seeking a suitably qualified teacher who:
- Has the passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people;
- Is enthusiastic and highly-motivated;
- Has the desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement;
- Is an ambitious and inspirational leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Is a team player who builds upon the strengths of those around you
In return we can offer:
- Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing Academy
- An additional recruitment and retention allowance may be available for an exceptional candidate
- The Hart School provide the Simply Health Cash Plan for their staff to help cover check-ups and medical treatment such as physiotherapy, osteopathy and acupuncture. Gym membership is discounted.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Hays Education if you would like to arrange this.
For more information and to request a full application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
Closing date: 9am on Monday 22nd January 2018
The Hart School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to undertake relevant safeguarding checks.