Lead Practitioner (History)
To start September 2018
Inner London Pay Scale – Leadership
We seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of History, who will also work across a diverse Humanities Faculty as a Lead Practitioner.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
History is a highly popular and successful subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A Level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation. Our most recent results reflect our commitment to excellent teaching and learning, with 44% A*-A grades across both the boys' and the girls' school, and 90% A*-C at A level.
The History department at Bishop Challoner are committed to reflective and innovative practice, and work closely within the wider History education community: members of the department here have published within 'Teaching History' magazine, and are completing History Education Masters. We are passionate in taking History 'outside the classroom' with all key stages: annually we run the Lessons from Auschwitz project, a trip to the WW1 battlefields, as well as a Berlin field trip for our Cold War A Level students, whilst also promoting the importance of local history in and around London and utilising nearby heritage sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
We are looking for professionals with:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- A track record of successful student outcomes at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the History Department and Humanities Faculty at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
Closing Date: 18 April 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 23 April 2018
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.