Scalby School is a successful and popular 11-16 community school and in recent years we have become the school of choice in our local community. We were judged ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2012 and in 2017 we celebrated sustained results. Our P8 score has placed us in the top 12% of schools nationally. We are proud of our broad and balanced GCSE based curriculum.
In what is a newly created role we are looking to appoint a Maths professional to join our school. We are looking for someone who is not only a highly effective teacher, but someone who has the drive and ambition to further develop and lead Maths across our newly formed Learning Trust.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
· A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted in 2012 and judged outstanding for Leadership and Management.
· A school with a well above average Progress 8 score because our students exceed expectations.
· A leading school in the Scarborough and North Yorkshire area with a real focus on making sure all our staff develop professionally.
· A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
We can offer:
· A tailored middle leadership programme that will develop you as a future leader
· An opportunity to work with both secondary and primary partners across our Trust
· A great opportunity to work with a team of highly effective teachers who are producing outstanding outcomes in the classroom
We are looking for a candidate with:
· A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
· Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of our Core and Middle Leaders.
· The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
· Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
· A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and Trust.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn. To arrange a visit please contact James on the details below.
Scalby School is part of the Scarborough Opportunity Area agenda that is a true partnership between the Local Authority, NYBEP, schools, colleges and local employers to improve the life chances of our children and young people on the Coast.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2018. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018 at 9am.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.