Lead Practitioner of Science
Salary: L5 – L8 (£44,106 - £47,501)
Permanent, full time post
Required for January 2020
The governors of St Matthew’s RC High School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, and enthusiastic individual who is relentless in the pursuit of pupil progress and achievement. This is a key appointment and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in raising achievement at both key stages and supporting colleagues to further improve teaching and learning. We are looking for someone with a proven track record to join the team and who has the drive, passion and commitment to raise the profile of the subject.
The post requires the ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning in the classroom and to coach and mentor other colleagues in order to raise standards. An individually tailored timetable will be created for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the Director of T&L.
• The post would suit candidates with at least three years’ teaching experience.
• Evidence of coaching or mentoring within a department or across a school.
• Evidence of consistently achieving excellence in teaching and learning within the classroom.
• Experience of delivering CPD to colleagues
• Track record of outstanding outcomes for students across both key stages.
St Matthew's is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
For further information and an application form please visit our website: http://www.smrchs.com/about-us/vacancies/or contact Anna Espley by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 16 October 2019, at 12 noon
Interview date: tbc