Lead Practitioner Visual Arts
Do you want to enable dreams, inspire minds and build futures?
BREAKING NEWS! We are delighted to announce that the Barclay School is no longer in Special measures and has been graded as "Good" in two categories. Please do visit our website for the full report.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious teacher with an excellent proven, track record to take the lead in teaching and learning in Visual Arts. The successful candidate will become part of a pivotal team supporting colleagues to raise standards and further drive the achievements of Barclay school. We are seeking an innovative and motivational teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life.
We are looking for a candidate who:
· An Outstanding teaching ability
· Hold at least 3 years’ teaching experience (secondary)
· A passion for Visual Arts, understanding how Visual Arts can transform young people’s lives
· Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems
· Have a commitment to and have contributed to the effective raising of standards
· Display a caring attitude towards staff, students and parents
· Have high expectations of self and others
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered immediately upon receipt
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date
Application is either by attached form and a cover letter, or via TES online application.