We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, outstanding practitioner to join the Science leadership team and play a key role in raising achievement and attainment within the department. We require an inspirational individual who has a clear understanding of educational excellence, with the knowledge of how to achieve this, to move the department forward and support across the Academy.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a track-record of high achievement and innovative practice
- Be a hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve
- Demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence across the key stages
- Be a committed team player
- Be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations
- Have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- A flexible attitude towards teaching in the department and an appetite for involvement in developmental work
Harborne Academy can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
- Well behaved and self-motivated students who want to learn
- Excellent student/staff relationships
- Team ethos
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
Please also see our recruitment site: https://microsites.hays.co.uk/jobs/harborne-academy/index.htm
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 24th February 2020
Harborne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure will be requested in the event of an individual being offered the position.