Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 11th February 2019
Salary: L5 (negotiable for excellent candidates)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent from Easter 2019
- We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Science teacher who will support our ‘Assistant Vice Principal – Teaching and Learning’ in leading whole school Teaching and Learning as well as delivering their own outstanding Science lessons.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to gain whole school teaching and learning experience and secure a senior leadership role in the next 1 – 2 years.
- This position will be directly line managed by the AVP T&L and will be accountable for delivering sections of the T&L Academy Improvement Plan, for example, leading the whole school IRIS triads system, leading the ‘Teaching and Learning Academy Improvement Group’, leading whole school T&L CPD.
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Executive Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Science Practitioner;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of whole school teaching and learning;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Clacton Coastal Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
Interviews are scheduled to take place w/c 11th February 2019
To find out more: Please contact the Executive Principal directly by email email@example.com to arrange a ‘phone call or visit’, to discuss the Academy’s journey, to discuss the post and to discuss the next stage of your career development.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. To apply, click on the ‘quick apply’ button.
About Clacton Coastal Academy and the AET Trust
The Academy is on an accelerated journey of improvement under the leadership of a Principal and new Executive Principal.
January 2019 has seen the launch of new key school improvement systems:
- New behaviour system
- New rewards system
- New uniform policy
- New conduct card system (corridor conduct, punctuality and homework)
- New approach to Teaching and Learning
The aim is for Clacton Coastal Academy to achieve ‘Good’ by September 2020 in its next full section 5 OFSTED inspection. The Academy was judged to ‘Require Improvement’ in March 2018.
Teaching and Learning is a passion of all our staff and we believe it is the key to school improvement. When every teacher is delivering outstanding learning day in day out, when every teacher truly loves their subject, has a sense of humour and makes learning fun, and when every teacher knows the detail and nuances of the exam specifications to deliver top notch results, then, genuine sustainable school improvement will take place. We are passionate about ensuring every classroom is filled with this type of teacher.
“Every teacher needs to improve, not because they are not good enough, but because they can be even better.”
To achieve this, we need a committed individual who is aligned to our vision and values, who also has a burning desire and passion to improve teaching and learning.
Please visit our website: https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/clacton-coastal-academy
The Executive Principal is also the Principal of Kingswood Academy (Hull)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.