Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising of the Prep School in the beautiful surroundings of Brandeston Hall, and the Senior School which is set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham. Our busy Medical Centres supports around 700 pupils across both sites.
We require qualified NMC Registered Nurses to join our busy school Medical Centre. There is the opportunity to grow and develop a forward thinking, outstanding medical provision for our pupils.
The successful candidate will respond to pupil health issues that arise, carrying out vaccination programmes, offering advice to pupils and staff, liaising with other medical professionals and parents as well providing medical support at sporting fixtures. Experience in A&E, practice or paediatric nursing would be an advantage though not essential. The position will involve providing first-line day and on-call overnight medical cover to pupils.
To ensure the provision of a high-quality nursing care to both schools and oversee the strategic development and management of the Medical Centre and staff.
- Overall responsibility for the standard of nursing care provided by staff in the Medical Centre
- Sympathetic to the needs of a boarding environment, including the need for continuity of cover and flexibility of approach
- Supervise the Medical Centre (including care of sick, injured, and distressed pupils until better and further care can be arranged with parents (hospital, dispense drugs as appropriate.)
- Work with the Deputy Head (Pastoral) and other staff to ensure that the Medical Centre provides a high level of service for the school community
- Responsibility for dissemination of information regarding medical matters
- Liaise with Housemasters/mistresses regarding pupils’ health
For the full job description, please download the recruitment pack.
Various shifts are available and may include some on-call shifts. The role is working term time (33 weeks) plus two weeks during school holidays for admin/training. The school operates its own pay scale for Nurses and salaries are competitive. An additional allowance will be payable for the role of “Lead Nurse”.
If you require further information about the role and working arrangements, please email the HR team.
We offer a supportive working environment as well as free meals while on duty when the kitchen is operational. We also offer several other benefits including contributory pension scheme and complimentary membership of our Sports Centre.
We are also looking for a School Nurse, please see the separate recruitment pack for this post.
Click 'Quick Apply' and once fully completed please submit your application, ensuring a covering letter is included the Supporting Statement section.
Closing: Midday Monday 10th January
Interviews: w/c 17th January 2022
Framlingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
'Where every pupil creates their own story'
Framlingham College is a boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 3-18 which offers flexible and full boarding options.
This is a school that is interested in the development of the whole person as w...