Tubbenden is a three-form Primary School with an Additionally Resourced Provision for 30 children split into three classes. From September 2018 the Provision classes will be based in a brand new building. The main purpose of this role is to work with the Inclusion Manager to lead Tubbenden’s Additionally Resourced Provision for children with severe and complex needs to ensure that the needs of those children are met effectively and efficiently. The role combines leadership with the teaching of a class of up to twelve children with severe and complex needs. Appropriate time out of class will be given to carry out management duties.
Candidates will need to:
- be committed to high standards of behaviour, achievement and personal development
- have an understanding and experience of delivering new approaches to teaching and learning including a sensory curriculum
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have a strong commitment to helping students of all abilities succeed
- be innovative and inspirational to both students and colleagues
Our school can offer:
- a friendly and supportive working environment
- experienced teaching assistants in the Unit
- supportive parents
- continuing professional development
The successful candidate will be expected to be fully committed to the ethos and aims of the school. For further information about the school please see our website: www.tubbenden.bromley.sch.uk
You would be most welcome to visit on 18th or 19th April at 9.30am, or one evening after school. This can be arranged by telephone: 01689 851653 or by emailing Mrs Vineall, the Headteacher’s PA: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April at noon
Interviews will be held on Friday 27th April
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment for post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applications: Please apply using the application form attached to the advertisement that appears on the London Borough of Bromley's jobs website at https://recruitment.bromley.gov.uk/wrl/ and, using the Job Description and Person Specification, explain why, in no more than 500 words, you would particularly suit the position.
If you have not been contacted within one week of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Tubbenden Primary School is a member of the South Orpington Learning Alliance (SOLA).