Are you looking to make a difference? We are seeking to appoint a Lead Teacher for Physics to contribute to the continuing focus upon improving pedagogy and student achievement up to A Level. Working under the Head of Science Faculty, and in collaboration with our Directors of Teaching and Learning, you will be able to show the motivation, leadership and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets and exceed expectations within your faculty and across the academy. You will join a very able team that is expanding with more and more students choosing our already popular & successful science subjects at A-level and an increased intake in KS3.
The successful candidate must: ·
- Be able to teach Physics up to A Level standard
- Have a proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be able to inspire and develop teaching and learning across all key stages
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- Highly committed and driven staff
- A highly oversubscribed academy, with students who are very keen to learn
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made on the Academy application form. CVs will not be accepted. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or uploaded on to Hirewire. Full details are available from the academy website www.cityacademy.co.uk
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Please ensure your application arrives by 9.00 am on the closing date of Monday, 12th December 2016. Interviews will be held on application; on successful appointment of this role the role will be filled, this can take place before the above closing date.