Position: Lead Teacher Literacy for Life
Apply by: 22nd May 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR
Contract term: Full time
Job start: 2nd September 2019
Please contact Sammie Hibbs on 0121 729 7220
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders. The Trust works with high profile partners, Birmingham City Football Club, the Tennis Foundation and The Birmingham Rep. Theatre.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about our academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint a Lead Teacher for Literacy for Life (Main Pay Scale and TLR) We are seeking inspirational teachers from either secondary or Upper Key Stage 2 to fulfil this role.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to lead a team delivering our Year 7 competency-based curriculum. Literacy for Life is a thematic curriculum taught for 17 hours with a single teacher in Year 7, 13 hours in Year 8 and 9 hours in Year 9. Each teacher is focused on the 25 students in their class, not just from an academic perspective but also getting to know the students and their families and forming a partnership which will really help students to progress.
This position requires:
• The ability to lead an enthusiastic and hardworking department
• The organisation and management skills required to support an efficient and effective team
• The ability to consistently teach high quality lessons
• Confidence to be innovative and creative in the classroom
• The determination to drive rapid student progress across a full range of abilities
• A team player who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
• Personal ambition and the desire to develop as a professional
• An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Sammie Hibbs at the Academy
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.