Lead Teacher of BTEC Health and Social Care L3 and teacher of Child Development (ability to teach Psychology and/or Food and Nutrition desirable) 0.7 FTE permanent from September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and highly skilled teacher. The successful candidate will be required to plan, implement and deliver the teaching and learning processes to ensure that students achieve their full potential. Under the supervision of the Learning Co-ordinator the post holder will also act as a Form Tutor or Link Tutor taking responsibility for the achievement, progression and well-being of their tutees. Candidates will be able to demonstrate strong subject knowledge of the subjects required.
• The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and hugely oversubscribed school
• A committed and enthusiastic staff group
• Exciting opportunities in a diverse, culturally rich, academic and creative school
• A well-resourced faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
You will be:
• A passionate and highly skilled teacher of Health and Social Care and Child Development
• Able to teach across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3 and 4
• Able to teach Psychology/Food and Nutrition, although not essential
• Creative and innovative; willing to contribute to the development of students learning and their progress within a committed and forward looking department and faculty
• Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Please visit our web-site for further details and application pack: www.cotham.bristol.sch.uk Telephone: 0117 9198000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 6th April 2018 at 9.00 am
Interviews are likely to be held: within one week