This is an exciting time to be joining The Manor Academy. We have achieved a rapid rise in outcomes over the past two years and have recently been graded as Good by Ofsted who recognised that the quality of education in our academy has been transformed. We are proud of our reputation for the high standards of teaching, behaviour and academic achievement.
To support our development and continued success we are looking to recruit a permanent Lead Teacher for Drama which has a specialism in delivering B/Tec qualifications to join our rapidly growing and strong Physical Arts Faculty from January 2019.
We are looking for someone who is brimming with passion for their subject area, who is ready for a new challenge and who is eager to develop their skills.
Drama is increasingly popular in our academy with teaching groups across KS3 and KS4. We are looking for someone who flourishes in the classroom and has the passion and drive to make a real difference to children’s life chances. You will join a committed team of teachers who work in a supportive environment and who are focussed on enabling each student to develop and grow.
To secure this role you must be able to deliver Drama from year groups 7-11 and to post 16 students, as our vision is to extend our courses into the 6th form. This opportunity would suit an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge or an individual who already has some leadership experience.
All of our faculties are committed to continually improving the quality of teaching and learning and raising the standards of all students and therefore a willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others is essential.
Why join our academy?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large staff carpark. The school has exceptional facilities for staff and pupils, and you will be provided with high quality CPD throughout your time with us. Behaviour of pupils is extremely good, you will see students who really want to learn and expect quality teaching from their teachers!
* Competitive Pay- many of our pay scales are above national rate.
* An increasing array of employee benefits and a Career-Average pension scheme
* A full staff induction
* A strong commitment to professional development, progression, incentives and benefits for all staff including access to tailored and weekly CPD and a Worklife Support Programme
* Opportunities to see good working practices in our MAT schools, sharing practice with a number of other schools including opportunities for secondments
* A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
* An ethos of high expectations for students and staff
* A highly supportive department and working environment
* Excellent career opportunities
* Onsite Gym plus access to discounted membership
If this role could be for you, and you think you would make an excellent Lead Teacher of Drama please apply now. Full details are on the school website www.themanor.notts.sch.uk. For an informal discussion about this role please contact Llyr Roberts on 01623 425100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role please go to www.tes.com
Closing date for applications: 19 October 2018 @ 9am
Interviews will be held on: w/c 22 October 2018