Lead Teacher of English and Literacy
To commence January 2020
Upper Pay Scale with TLR 2.5 (£4,531 p/a)
If you are passionate about teaching English, would enjoy extending and enriching the English experience of able, enthusiastic students and are eager to assist in leading a team of experienced and dedicated colleagues, then this may be the role for you.
We are seeking to appoint a well qualified and motivated Teacher of English to take on the role of Lead Teacher of English and Literacy. Under the direction of the Leader of English and Literacy the successful candidate will have a track record of achieving outstanding outcomes and will be responsible for ensuring that Teaching and Learning in English has a high profile across the school. The position would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher to take on a new challenge.
If you are able to inspire and motivate students in order to help them achieve their full potential and you are looking for an additional challenge to lead in your subject, we would welcome your application.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an excellent English Practitioner
• bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the school
• have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of English teaching and learning
• be a committed team player
• have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships with both students and staff
• be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
You will be able to demonstrate:
• a proven record of improving performance at student level and within the department
• an ability to narrow the gap for vulnerable students
• an ability to stretch and challenge pupils
• excellent teaching and learning
• improving data tracking and target setting at every level and every Key Stage so that all students fulfil their potential
We can offer:
• a caring, welcoming school with a supportive Governing Body
• an inclusive school of which students, staff and the community are proud
If you believe you are the person who can help to lead us on our continuing journey, we are confident that this special opportunity will provide an exciting, demanding and rewarding challenge.