Lead Teacher of English Literature (0.5FTE)
Required for September 2021
Part time (2.5 days / 0.5FTE)
£29,345 - £41,922 pro-rata, based on experience
£2,500 Lead Teacher Allowance
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to join this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2020, LAE again secured outstanding A level results. 96% of grades were A*, A or B and 73% of all grades were A* or A. 200+ students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 33 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
We seek someone with strong academic qualifications who is passionate and committed to high academic standards in their subject. An ability to teach English Literature to a high standard and to ably lead a team of successful teachers is essential. The successful applicant will be a growing department where many students go on to study English and related subjects at the UK’s leading universities. Students are taught the AQA A level English Literature B specification.
LAE can offer you:
• The opportunity to gain experience of teaching and working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
• A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
• Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
• A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
• Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• Access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, and discounted local gym memberships.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit. We are particularly seeking applications from those who represent the diversity of our community.
How to apply?
Please submit an online application and covering letter via the TES website no later than 9.00am on Monday 24 May 2021. The letter of application should be a maximum of two A4 sides demonstrating your suitability for the post.
LAE reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
London Academy of Excellence (LAE)
- with state - free school funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
“An inspirational school”
LAE is a diverse, inclusive and ambitious school with social mobility at its heart. Since opening in 2012, our staff have supported more than 1000 students into all 24 of the UK’s Russell Group universities, including more t...