Lead Teacher of Mathematics
We are seeking to appoint a Lead Teacher of Mathematics to contribute to the continuing focus upon improving pedagogy and student achievement. Working under the Head of Mathematics, and in collaboration with our Directors of Teaching and Learning, you will be able to show the motivation, leadership and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets and exceed expectations within your faculty and across the academy.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be able to inspire and develop teaching and learning across all key stages
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- Highly committed and driven staff
- A highly oversubscribed academy, with students who are very keen to learn
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) (CoLA) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, CoLA provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
We are part of the prestigious City of London Family of Schools sponsored by the City of London. We are proud of our City heritage and value the opportunities it brings through the Guilds and Livery Companies. These serve as an aspirational bridge for our community. In addition, our offer is enriched through collaboration with our sister schools, both private and state. Our new dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2017 and accommodates the increased demand for Sixth Form places offering the broadest curriculum in state of the art facilities.
All applications must be made on the TES online application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details are also available from the academy website www.cityacademy.co.uk
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Closing date: 11.59pm on Wednesday 12th December 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
Interviews: Interviews will be held as and when applications are received