Lead Teacher of Maths ¦ Permanent, full time ¦ MPS/UPS + TLR 2B ¦ Required to start Easter 2021
Pension Scheme (TPS) + Employee Health Assistance Programme + Staff Wellbeing team
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Lead Teacher of Maths. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike.
“Extremely hardworking and enthusiastic, the Maths department at Newman demonstrate how a team should work and operate. They go above and beyond to support each other and the wider college community every day. A fantastic team with a determination to make Maths and Numeracy accessible and engaging”. Quote from a member of the support staff working with us Dec 2020.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
- will compliment a progressive and developing math’s leadership team.
- have a view to see challenge as opportunity and pupil background as context, not definition.
What we can offer you:
• Experience of teaching in an Ofsted graded GOOD school (Jan 2020)
• State of the art facilities, reprographics room and coloured printers in every hub, fully fitted IT equipment in every classroom and in-house IT team support
• An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
• A dedicated staff wellbeing coordinator and college funded Employee Assistance Programme
Newman RC College information
Newman RC College is an inclusive 11-16 voluntary aided school located in Oldham, ten minutes from Manchester city centre and the breath-taking Pennines. The school is situated in a new building with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoys excellent transport links. We are oversubscribed, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2020 and subsequently awarded Greater Manchester School of the Year by Manchester Evening News. We are blessed to represent a ‘close-knit’, diverse and talented Catholic community that sees relationships with students and their families as integral to the success of every individual, as well as the belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential, irrespective of background.
• Visit our college website https://www.newmanrc.oldham.sch.uk/
• Check us out on Twitter @NewmanRCCollege and visit our Staff Wellbeing Twitter @NrCStaff or for more information about the Maths Department @newmanmaths
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college's Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: 12 noon 27/01/2021
Interviews: w/c 01/02/2021
Please email completed applications to the following email address.
Hayley Cassell ¦ Senior HR Administrator ¦ Blessed John Henry Newman RC College ¦ Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201 ¦ Email: email@example.com
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is a Roman Catholic Secondary School located in Chadderton, Greater Manchester. It falls under the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salford.
The school was formed in 2011 from the amalgamation of St Augustine of Canterbu...