KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We are currently in our fourth year of operation and have 920 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us. By September 2018 we will be a full school with all seven year groups.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We are confident you will find it a rewarding and distinctive place to work. Sir David Carter, the National Schools’ Commissioner, said of KAA in 2016: “I was inspired by my visit to KAA. David Benson and his team have made a fantastic start and are well on the road to establishing a truly great school.” Candidates can read of our recent Ofsted and exam successes on our website, kaa.org.uk, along with other evidence of the exceptional standards in our school.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Lead Teacher of MFL to join our high-performing department.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a teacher of their subject in a secondary school for at least 2 years.
- Appropriate leadership and management experience.
- The ability to deliver consistently outstanding lessons in this subject to students of all ages and abilities.
- Experience of creating high quality lesson plans and schemes of work, and sharing these with a team of teachers.
- The ability to communicate well, to work as a member of a team, and to have effective working relationships with students, staff and parents.
- The ability to contribute to the wider work of the school, including our work as form tutors and reading teachers.
- Commitment to the personal professional development of themselves and of others.
- Experience of conducting lesson observations as a tool for improvement.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 29th January 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.