Appointment of Lead Teacher of Psychology / Sociology
MPS/UPS, responsibility points for suitable candidates
The Governors are looking to appoint an ambitious, hardworking and talented lead teacher of Psychology / Sociology to be part of a great team. Applications are welcomed from those able to teach both subjects or either subject. This role will provide a first-rate opportunity to demonstrate your ability to lead and inspire young people and make a measurable impact on the success of the school. Whether you are looking to develop your career further or take on responsibility and whole school leadership, this role would be ideally suited to you. Both subjects get a large take up of students in the Sixth Form. Students are keen, hard-working and successful in their studies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and vibrant school as it continues to push on from its ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement in 2016. If you want to work with wonderful students, committed staff and a forward-thinking leadership team, this is the school for you. We are always striving to improve and we want you to be part of this journey.
• In 2017 85% of our Year 11 students attained 5+ A*-C (79% including English and Maths).
• Progress 8 score of 0.36.
• In 2017 Sixth Form students achieved 44% A*-B and 99% pass rate at A Level.
• A Level Sociology - ALPS 2, A Level Psychology - ALPS 3
• We were rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in all categories in April 2016.
Visit www.sphcs.co.uk for an application form and further details. Email applications to Jacqui Inglis, Head’s PA, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to school address
• Closing date for applications: Monday 19 February 2018
• Interviews: Thursday 22 February 2018
• Starting date: September 2018
The school is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and individuals. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
St Philip Howard Catholic School Elm Grove South Barnham West Sussex