We are looking for inspirational teachers to join our team as Educational Leaders. In this exciting role, you'll work in the forest with our children supporting them every day in their fun, learning and development.
Little Forest Folk - South West London (Wimbledon, Fulham, Chiswick, Barnes, Wandsworth)
You'll help to:
- Conduct daily reflections with children and educators on their learning and experience that day to use for future environment planning
- Resource the forest sites daily according to children's interests
- Monitor, evaluate and review the quality of learning and teaching at Little Forest Folk
- Complete a weekly retrospective planning sheet to document the children's learning
- Quality assess Tapestry observations and assessments of development
- Organise CPD visits to Little Forest Folk nurseries to educate others in our philosophy and pedagogy
- Regularly track children learning in terms of COEL and according to Leuven scale in addition to EYFS
- Suggest and consequently prepare case studies on elements of our pedagogy
Why choose us?
Little Forest Folk offer incredible training opportunities as we don't want our teachers to ever stop learning. Furthermore, we arrange CPD visits to settings we admire, including in 2017 a 3 day educational trip to Norway where we were hosted by Queen Maud University and visited many forest kindergartens. We are always open to suggestions of further trainings, after all, we are a community of learners.
In 2018, we hope to fulfil our ultimate dream and open our primary school. Our Little Forest Folk nursery teachers will have the opportunity to work towards and help shape the future of our school over the next 12 months.
We believe in looking after people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as:
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday- everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work!
- Competitive salaries
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry.
- Social events throughout the year- a chance to hang up the wellies ant your hair down with your teammates!
- A fit, healthy, active job(cancel your gym membership!)- check out our fitbit data!
- Weekend getaways in beautiful Sussex
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter before 25th August explaining why you would like to join our team.
Interviews will be conducted before the end of August with a start date of September.