We require an inspirational, motivated & dynamic Leader of Construction to join a highly successful department to continually promote the Academy’s ethos. You will be joining a successful Technology department dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards for our students.
The Academy has previously been a Technology and Sports College and as such Technology is at the centre of much of the ethos of the school. Over half of all pupils opt to take Technology as a subject at Key Stage 4. The department achieves outstanding results with 91% of all pupils achieving a Grade C or better at Key Stage 4 (or equivalent) and 34% achieved A/A* grade (or equivalent). Construction is a popular choice for pupils at KS4 and achievement in the subject is excellent. In 2017 95% of pupils passed with 20% achieving Distinction. A newly rebuilt and refurbished Technology Block was opened in January 2014.
This opportunity would be ideal for an outstanding teacher with outstanding leadership potential. The ideal candidate will have strengths in delivering Construction at Key Stage 4 and Product Design at Key Stage 3 demonstrating outstanding outcomes.
You will be:
• Experienced in delivering Construction at Key Stage 4 and Product Design at Key Stage 3 with the ability to inspire pupils of all abilities within Construction to achieve their highest potential across Key Stage 4.
• Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Able to contribute to the strategic development of an ‘outstanding’ department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, and ensuring department practice supports the welfare of all students.
• Able to lead in the planning for new BTEC framework along with being heavily involved in the curriculum design at Key Stage 3.
• Able to confidently manage behaviour at Key Stage 4 both within the classroom and throughout the department.
• Responsible and be accountable for Key Stage 4 pupil attainment and achievement in Construction, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
• Able to maximise progress with disadvantaged pupils.
• Able to work with the Head of Technology to develop/maintain outstanding practise. You are:
• An outstanding practitioner.
• An inspirational, dedicated and motivated individual.
• Passionate about the education of young people.
• Passionate about Construction and Technology.
• Committed to Castleford Academy values.
• Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
• Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
• Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting ‘Technology’ as a subject.
• Committed to making an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
If you are interested in this role either now or in the future please contact Mrs Kelly Baker on 01977 605075 to arrange a visit. For further information on the Academy, this role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone the Mrs Kelly Baker.
Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May at 12 noon with interviews being held later that week.