Leader of Geography (TLR 2A - £2,640)
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
- Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
- Pupils are making very good progress
- Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
OBA is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Leader of Geography within our Humanities department. The successful candidate will lead curriculum development in KS3 and further develop the new GCSE specification at KS4 with further opportunities to teach KS5. They will deliver outstanding teaching and learning in this key subject area and in the wider department. We have introduced a whole new SOW at KS3 and 4 that has proven to be extremely successful and have taken many of our students on tours abroad; we hope to continue these exciting extra-curricular Humanities trips. You will be committed to raising attainment and to utilise new Independent Learning Strategies. Geography is highly respected as part of the Ebacc within the wider Academy.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. The Academy has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion. Visits to the Academy are encouraged and if this post has attracted your interest, we welcome enquirers to telephone for an informal discussion in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint:
- A committed and motivated teacher of Geography, with a clear vision to develop this subject area within our Academy, with proven experience of curriculum design and development.
- An enthusiastic and experienced teacher, with effective strategies to take the department and its students to the highest levels of achievement.
- An experienced, dynamic and creative classroom practitioner who can engage learners raising achievement for all.
- An enthusiast who will promote Geography and the Humanities, who can make it relevant and engaging for all our young minds.
- A candidate able to offer strategic input to improve learning and attainment within the department
- Post-16 experience is an advantage with innovative; cutting edge knowledge of curriculum development- to embrace the new National Curriculum alterations at KS3 and 4.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive Humanities department with improving exam performance.
- New state of the art facilities.
- Innovative CPD programme.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- The opportunity to make a major contribution to school improvement.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Wednesday, 26th April 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.