BOORAGUL St Paul's Catholic College
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
St Paul's Catholic College Booragul is seeking a permanent full-time Leader of Pedagogy - Mathematics.
A Leader of Pedagogy has specific responsibility for the management of a Key Learning Area or combination of subjects as specified by the position.
This position is a member of the school's leadership team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal(s) and other Coordinators. As a member of the leadership team this position will offer assistance and support in:
• the day to day operation of the School
• promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
• the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
• the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
• the implementation of the School's policies and procedures
• the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the management team
A Leader of Pedagogy must be able to demonstrate:
• capacity to effectively integrate Catholic ethos into faculty policies and programme.
• thorough knowledge of, a capacity, and a willingness, to manage the implementation of relevant syllabus and syllabi.
• capacity and willingness to actively supervise, resource, and support staff to ensure effective classroom teaching.
• capacity to fulfil the requirements of a middle management position within a secondary school.
• capacity to initiate, and a willingness to develop, an ongoing programme of assessment and evaluation by which the effectiveness of the department in achieving its aims and objectives may be measured.
• capacity and willingness to professionally develop self and relevant staff.
• a high level of proficiency as a classroom teacher.
• an ability to implement and monitor assessment and reporting programmes which incorporate a standards-referenced approach.
• capacity to modify and monitor teaching programmes to cater for the learning needs of all students.
• an understanding of cross-curricular issues such as literacy and numeracy (and the incorporation of ICT skills into teaching programmes).
• proficiency in the use of technology as a teaching and organisational tool.
• capacity to support staff in relation to the management of students in the classroom in a particular subject area or areas.
• capacity to maintain currency with WHS principles and practices, implementing relevant standards and identified best practice to ensure the safety of students, staff and volunteers working in their KLA, as appropriate.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017. This position attracts a 3 point coordinator allowance of $23,976.00 per annum.
Monday 18 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Paul's Catholic College
PO Box 194
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Graeme Selmes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 3.00pm Monday 18 November 2019
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*