Applicants with suitable qualifications are invited to apply for the following position, at Mt St Patrick College in Murwillumbah, to commence in 2020. Ideally all applicants will be able and willing to participate fully in the religious dimension of the College.
LEADER OF PEDAGOGY (Co2) (2 year appointment)
The successful applicant will be offered a Full time Permanent Position at the school.
The Role Description for this Leadership Position is contained in an attachment along with the Work, Teach and Lead Accreditation Document.
Leader of Pedagogy will:
- have a demonstrated commitment to personal faith practice within the Catholic Church;
- lead the school professional learning teams and their outcomes;
- lead the school as a data informed learning community;
- provide direct modelling and coaching to the teaching staff to develop teaching expertise;
- ensure school based professional learning opportunities are adequate, informed and aligned to student needs;
- co-lead the school goal setting and feedback processes with staff;
- work collaboratively across a cluster of schools using the principles of action learning for school improvement;
- be accountable for system priorities in learning and teaching and alignment to the system strategic intent areas.
Term of Appointment:
Co2 point “Leader of” position are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as Co-ordinator. This position is initially offered as a 2-year position to align with the current 3-year cycle. All co-ordinator positions are advertised every 3 years within the College and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
Each teacher in a Co2 leadership position will participate in an ongoing performance review in accordance with the Diocesan Policy and Procedures for Performance Review of Coordinators.
The Co2 Leader of Pedagogy is a member of the College’s Leadership team.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to complete the requirements of Accreditation To Work Teach and Lead, Category C, during the triennium cycle.
Applications along with a cover letter, resume and references to:
Mt St Patrick College
PO Box 105
Murwillumbah NSW 2484
Applications must be received by 9.00am Monday 18th November, 2019
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/