We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher of Science with key leadership qualities. You will be leading the delivery of A-level Physics and GCSE Physics, within a large and highly successful team with a strong track record of academic success. Student attainment is strong in Physics with 100% of students achieving grades A* - C and 60% A* – A at GCSE. Science also enjoys an enviable reputation post-16 with an outstanding uptake from GCSE into both Physics A-level and our extensive range of other A-level courses.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about teaching Science and will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas;
- be a successful teacher across the age and ability range and able to use this experience to develop the practice of others;
- have strong leadership, management, communication and people skills;
- have high expectations of the learning, achievement and progress of all students;
- have ambition and a desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Science department.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1650 on roll, including 380 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that teachers need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others. We have recently been awarded the prestigious Research Mark award in recognition of the quality of evidence-based research in our work.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 9439503 or email@example.com Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 21st May 2018
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk