A fantastic opportunity has arisen to create a new post as leader of teaching and learning.
Are you an ambitious, inspirational ad motivated professional looking for the chance to develop teaching and learning across a primary school? Do you possess the skills to coach and mentor colleagues?
St Aidan’s is a Church of England Academy which is at the heart of the local community of Mill Hill, Blackburn. Founded in 1898, we became an Academy within Cidari (Blackburn Diocese Multi Academy Trust) In January 2015. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner to join our SLT. This exciting new position will involve a class teaching commitment, but time will be allocated to develop teaching and learning strategies across the school in order to secure consistently good or outstanding practice.
The will involve working alongside the Deputy Headteacher to:
- secure consistently high standards of teaching
- research and introduce innovative teaching strategies
- coach and mentor colleagues to enable other staff to become more effective in their planning and teaching
- deliver relevant, high quality CPD
- identify teaching and learning priorities and drive forward new initiatives
- support the induction of new staff
- help others evaluate the impact of their teaching on raising pupil achievement
- have responsibility for a core subject
- feedback to the Headteacher and other stakeholders e.g. Governors
The person will:
- be passionate about teaching and learning
- have a demonstrable record of outstanding classroom practice
- have an understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies, including AfL, used to raise pupil attainment and achievement
- have experience of teaching in both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- be a good communicator who inspires and motivates others
- share good practice and provide effective challenge
- be sufficiently bold and flexible to trial new techniques and evaluate their effectiveness
- set high standards, acting as a role model to other colleagues
- demonstrate a commitment to living the Christian ethos
- contribute to the provision of a safe and secure learning environment
There is scope, for the right candidate, to develop this role not just within St Aidan’s, but across other schools in the Cidari Multi Academy Trust.
As a member of a family of academies, we work alongside other church schools to continue to raise standards whilst preserving a very distinctive Christian ethos.
Inspected in September 2017 the Academy has demonstrated continual improvement and a positive trajectory. Recent judgements highlighted leadership approaches, personal development, behaviour, welfare, and Early Years provision as strengths. The Academy has strived to ensure that pupils receive the best possible education and that staff are challenged and developed to strive for excellence.
Through our vision of ‘Fulfilling potential, growing in God’, our academy has built a reputation for continuing improvement within an environment where children are nurtured and loved. Our recent SIAMS inspection judged relationships to be respectful and enriching based on the school’s Christian values.
This is an exciting time for our Academy and a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our organisation and achieve our Academy’s, the Trust’s and their own ambitions and aspirations. You will be supported by the wider family of schools and a central team within the Trust, dedicated to giving you the means to deliver real improvement and impact across our organisation.
How to Apply:
The job pack is available to download from this site or directly from Lisa Burke at Cidari Education: email@example.com
Applications should be sent electronically to Lisa Burke
Interviews: 24th May 2018
For an informal conversation about this position please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Debbie Greenwood directly at St Aidan’s, or for more information about the Academy visit the website www.staidansblackburn.co.uk
Visits to the Academy are welcome by appointment. Please contact Karen Probert, School Business Manager on 01254 53148 to arrange. Alternatively, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and medical clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996.
Our Multi Academy Trust
Cidari Multi Academy Trust established in November 2013 is part of the Blackburn Diocese. Open to both converter and sponsored academies, we already have a mix of Voluntary Aided and Voluntary Controlled primary and secondary schools across Blackpool, Blackburn with Darwen and East Lancashire.
Our Trust Vision
“Distinctive Academies empowered to work together for excellence through shared Christian values."
For more information visit www.cidarieducation.co.uk