Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking an outstanding, inspiring and highly organised Leader of Teaching and Learning in Science. An ideal candidate will have the skills to lead on pupil progression, curriculum developments and teaching and learning in Science.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment.
- A passion for teaching and education;
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in the teaching and learning of Science;
- An ability to lead, manage and develop the provision of programmes and activities that enable pupils to achieve excellence;
- The ability to lead and develop colleagues;
- An ability to foster a supportive team environment;
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school;
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals;
- A modern new building that provides excellent science facilities;
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development;
- A school with its community at heart
- Low- cost membership of the Academy’s gym and excellent sports facilities.
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email email@example.com . Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk . Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal, Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, NE3 2JH
Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 30 May 2018