We are a relatively small 4-16 school, newly sponsored by the Emmanuel Schools Foundation, and continuing on a journey of improvement that offers great potential for rapid professional development. Reflecting its independent school heritage, Grindon has a reduced school year (180 days plus 3 days for CPD) with 12 additional days of holidays.
We require, for September 2019, an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach as part of, or to lead, this small 2-3 person Maths department at KS3 and KS4 with strong understanding of progression to A-level. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons within this highly committed team is essential. This position is offered on a full or part-time basis.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in a school which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself and your students, please do contact us.
To request an informal visit or for further information, please contact Mrs Julie Barber on 0191 534 4444 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Interview dates: 23 and 24 May 2019.
Grindon Hall, Sunderland (10-12 miles from Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham; fast access to the north east coastline, Northumberland and North Yorks national parks and major areas of natural beauty; York / Leeds / Manchester 1-2 hours; London 3½ hours).
- Distinct, biblically Christian ethos with highly diverse intake
- Small, 4-16 all-through school of c. 550 students
- Reduced length school year of 180 teaching days plus 3 days of CPD (in addition to weekly CPD). Additional two holiday weeks are: one at Christmas and one immediately before the summer break.
- Exceptional CPD provision throughout the year, and for rapid professional development
- Focus on character education, being part of Emmanuel Schools Foundation
Grindon Hall Christian School takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.