Whitworth Community High School
Tel 01706 343218
Age Range: 11-16. School size: Group 5. 630 on roll.
Leadership Team: Director of Learning for Science + wider school leadership opportunity. A great opportunity for an excellent candidate to join an ambitious and oversubscribed ‘Good’ school.
Starting Salary Range: L8-13
Required: September 2018
The Governors wish to appoint an ambitious and high performing candidate as Leadership Team: Director of Learning for Science to lead our Science Faculty as well as undertaking an additional responsibility related to wider school leadership, dependent on the successful areas of current expertise and interest.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding Science teacher with experience of effectively leading change within Science. The Science Faculty is a strong team made up of a mix of experienced and more recently qualified teachers who are united in their passionate desire to do the best by the students they teach. The successfully appointed candidate will have the opportunity to build the success of the Faculty and create a vision for the future direction of Science at Whitworth, as well as having opportunity to extend their whole school leadership experience. We will offer the necessary support and experience to enable develop the skills required for the next stage in their career.
The successful applicant for this role will be a passionate advocate for high quality teaching and learning; imaginative, dynamic and energetic, and an excellent communicator committed to enhancing the life chances of our young people.
This is an exciting time to join our school. In February 2018 we were delighted that our Ofsted Section 8 inspection team recognised that we have 'maintained the good quality of education' since the last inspection in December 2014, and have continued to improve. Ofsted recognise our 'relentless drive’ to embed a culture of high aspirations and expectations throughout the school, and our caring environment where 'pupils learn well, feel listened to and are safe.' They note ‘Attainment has also risen considerably’ because leaders set ‘challenging and aspirational targets’ for pupils, teachers have ‘strong subject knowledge’ and thus ‘The progress of current pupils across year groups is good’. Our 2016 Progress 8 score was +0.16, and our 2017 GCSE results for pupils achieving grade 4 and above in both English and maths mean we are the most improved school in Lancashire for success in this measure.
We are looking for a colleague who can demonstrate:
· The ability to inspire and enthuse students and staff and raise standards of attainment and progress for all
· The creativity, drive and interpersonal skills to lead faculty /subject development and innovation across KS3 and KS4
· Excellent subject knowledge and understanding of key educational changes, policies and issues
· Ambition, commitment and high expectations
· Excellent track record of examination results
· Strong leadership and effective support for colleagues to ensure the faculty achieves the best possible outcomes for all students.
· Senior leadership potential
We offer the right candidate :
· a small school with a strong reputation, a caring ethos, a culture of respect and a commitment to ‘Climbing Higher’
· fantastic students who are proud of their school
· a strong leadership team who are committed to moving the school forward and to the professional development of our staff, and who are mindful of staff well being
· knowledgeable, forward looking and friendly colleagues who are ambitious for our school
· excellent facilities and resources, including fitness suite and recording studio available for staff
We would love you to see our school in action – to be part of the teaching and learning experience; to observe the excellent relationships between staff and students which characterise the atmosphere in school; to see the impact of our respect agenda. Everyone who visits Whitworth Community High School is impressed by the warmth of welcome, the behaviour of students and the clarity of our aspiration for the future. If possible, visit our school in advance of the closing date by contacting Mrs Yvette Ellis on 01706 343218 or via email email@example.com
Whitworth Community High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure (DBS).
You can download the documentation for this post online at www.lancashire.gov.uk/vacancies, and directly from the school website www.wchs.co where you can obtain additional information regarding the post. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: Friday 18th May – 12 Noon
Interview Date: W/C 21st May 2018