Let’s be honest, in October 2016 our school was graded ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted and placed into special measures… We know where we stand and have high aspirations and a rigorous plan to turn the school around to a grading of ‘good’ within two years… With a positive monitoring inspection in May 2017 and our best results in 3 years - Get on board and make a real difference to our children and to your career.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Maths teacher and leader who will support our ‘Head of Maths’ in leading and developing our Maths Curriculum. You will join us as a Lead Practitioner in Teaching and Learning and develop our teaching and learning across school.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to gain middle leadership experience and secure a ‘Head of Department’ or ‘Assistant Principal’ role in the next 1 – 2 years.
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders.
- Teachers in the early stages of their career are welcome to apply. If you are good enough you will be appointed. We want to employ top quality staff with leadership aspirations.
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
We have started the new academic year strongly following our best set of results in three years. We have doubled our Basics measure of English & Maths GCSE grade C and above and we have seen a significant increase in the number of students staying with us into sixth form.
After a period of instability at the Academy we are pleased to say that our journey of improvement is well underway. We have been joined by some outstanding teachers who will help us ensure that our Year 11 and sixth form students achieve even better results in 2017. We are committed to providing a well-rounded curriculum, inspiring and effective teaching, supportive structures and a positive environment for our learners.
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see the school in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact Gill Jerome (Principals PA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908 624722.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018 or Easter 2018.
Closing date: Wednesday 18 October 2017
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.