Date posted: Start date: Permanent Post from January 2018 or 16th April 2018 Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Leadership pay scale L4 – L8 £42,398 - £46,799 Contract term: Permanent Suitable for NQTs: No
Required! – An outstanding and suitably experienced English Teacher who is passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are very proud that in 2014 we received an SSAT award for our students being in the top fifth of schools nationally when looking at their progress across a broad range of subjects.
We are also delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good.
We are currently in consultation to become a Multi Academy Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, and should it come into being early next year there will be opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place this year.
We are looking for an outstanding and suitably experienced qualified teacher to take a lead role in the enhancement of teaching particularly in the School of Education for Communication, but also across the academy and who:
• is an acknowledged outstanding practitioner
• has a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching
• has experience of successfully leading a programme of teaching improvement
• can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues
• can enthuse and motivate colleagues and students to work hard and try their best
• actively shares good practice and seeks to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
• understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
• demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
• a springboard for an ambitious professional looking to progress their career • fantastic facilities
• a supportive and encouraging staff team
• a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
• opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
• a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
• 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
• Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme
• A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note that if the MAT is established, then employment would transfer to the MAT.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk, or contact the Head of School of Communication – Nicola Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the application form or in the event of difficulty download an application form from our website and email to email@example.com.
In your letter of application, please show how you meet items on the Person Specification and explain why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please also pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your letter.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Closing date: 9am Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Interviews will be held by the end of November 2017