Learner Services Assistant
Salary – Up to £18,566 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Tuesday 15th October 2019
Interview Date – Tuesday 29th October 2019
Nelson and Colne College is an Ofsted Outstanding Further Education College with an excellent reputation. In November 2018, Nelson and Colne College, incorporating Lancashire Adult Learning, completed a successful merger with Accrington and Rossendale College to create a combined force for greater opportunities.
Nelson and Colne College is now looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join their Learner Services Team as a Learner Services Assistant. This is a permanent role, on a full time basis working 37 hours per week.
This post will be based at either our Nelson & Colne College site in Barrowford, or our Accrington & Rossendale College site in Accrington. Although this post will have a specific base, the post holder will be required to support the delivery of Learner Services across the Nelson and College group so travel to all three sites may be occasionally required.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Learner Services by providing efficient and effective support to ensure successful delivery of services across the Nelson & Colne College Group.
Main duties include:
• Completing all relevant work experience project administration
• Participate in appropriate team meetings and liaise with Course Teams regarding learner progress in the workplace
• Represent the College in a professional manner when dealing with external agencies and employers, and present clear and accurate information on the offer or service provided
• Respond promptly to all related internal/ external enquiries or problems relating to work experience
• Record all activity in relation to work experience, on College systems
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Driving licence, vehicle and insurance for business travel purposes
• A Level or equivalent (desirable)
• Level 3 qualification in Administration or other relevant subject (desirable)
• Experience of working in a fast paced and varied office environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of how to collect/ process confidential and/or sensitive data in line with GDPR.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please complete the application form by clicking on the "apply" button.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.