Learner Support Assistant and Lunch Time Supervisor
Start date: 03.09.18
Apply by: 16.07.18 Noon
Salary: £16,755 pro-rata (Grade 15, Somerset Spine 9 – 15) based on a 52 week a year, 37 hours a week contract
Full Time (29 hours and 35 minutes per week) – Term Time Only (38 Weeks)
North Town Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable Learner Support Assistant and Lunch Time Supervisor to ensure that the needs of pupils, some with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) are met.
The successful candidate will support the class teacher by:
- Delivering learning support to pupils, including pupils with SEND, through a range of approaches.
- Supporting a pupil / pupils at lunchtimes in a range of ways.
Our school can offer:
- An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
- A supportive school community including children, parents, staff and governors.
- A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have recent and relevant Leaner Support (Teaching Assistant) experience in at least one primary school.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to work with children with special educational needs.
- Be able to relate effectively with learners and adults.
- Be able to follow Individual Learning Plans (ILP) systematically.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged by emailing NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk
Application packs are available on our website www.northtownschool.org.uk or by emailing NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Please contact the school office for paper copies.
Completed applications should be sent to NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Applications received that do not contain a fully completed application form will not be considered.
It is the schools policy to obtain references in advance of an interview. Candidates who do not wish for a reference to be taken in advance will not be short-listed for interview.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.