Smart teachers is recruiting for a Learner Welfare / Support and Progression Officer to join a college in Westminster. This role will be a full time, permanent role starting ASAP. This role will include some Saturdays and/or Evenings. This role will include supporting learners across the college whilst liaising with support staff and lecturers.
About the Role
• Learner Welfare / Support and Progression Officer
• Assist learners to aid their learning, support attendance, retention, progression and achievement
• Putting strategies in place for learners with Dyslexia, ASD, ADHD and ESOL
• Liaising with Support staff and lecturers
• A Safeguarding person
• Permanent / Full time position
• Between £25,000 - £30,000
• To start ASAP
About the College
• Specialist Vocational College
• Ofsted rating of ‘ Good’
• Located in Westminster, London
• Great rail links from across London
In order to be considered for this role, the Learner Welfare/ Support and Progression Officer will need to meet the following criteria:
• A strong background of Learner Welfare / Support and Progression Officer
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RLR4182.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.