Based at the Learn@ MAT Central ALP, we are looking to recruit a Learning and Community Facilitator.
The Learn@ Mat Vision is to advocate for our young people by listening to their voice and designing a programme where young people feel like they can be successful. We are passionate about providing expertise across the SEMH and SEND spectrum so all our pupils are achieving at their level and pace. Our key focus to ensure we are addressing all the needs of young people so they have increase opportunities for personal development.
We will do this by building confidence, motivation and skills to access their learning at the next stage of education/training and/or employment. Our aim is to:
• promote and increase attendance and engagement across the MAT.
• Ensure all leavers have a destination to education/training and/or employment.
The curriculum at the ALP is to work with young people to break down barriers to learning, the weight of community expectation and ultimately be confident in their ability to succeed. This is underpinned by the principles of:
We deliver a holistic curriculum with the ultimate goal of ensuring all learners are prepared for adulthood. The key areas we focus on are:
• Education and employment
• Independent Skills
• Community inclusion
• To work in partnership with the class teacher and the Assistant Head to support the engagement of learning both in the classroom and during offsite activities
• To demonstrate an understanding of trauma informed practice and attachment disorder through positive interactions with young people
• To work with pupils, families and staff at the ALP to improve pupil’s engagement in accessing education
• To advocate for young people and ensure their voice is heard