Learning Assistant role available in an Additionally Resourced Provision for pupils on the Autism Spectrum
Exciting opportunities have arisen at West Lodge Primary School for a passionate, imaginative and enthusiastic Learning Assistant. West Lodge Primary School is a welcoming, caring and high achieving three form entry school in the heart of the vibrant, exciting community of Pinner. We have 648 pupils on roll and the school has an excellent reputation within the local community. The school has recently undergone a specialist expansion – with an additionally resourced provision for pupils on the autism spectrum (Kaleidoscope).
We are a friendly, dynamic, creative and inclusive school with all children’s needs at the forefront of our practice. At West Lodge we thrive on challenge, think creatively and have a strong learning culture - the whole school community is encouraged to develop a growth mind-set.
The role will be based in Kaleidoscope and the successful candidate will join a passionate team committed to inclusion and ensuring the very best provision for pupils with autism.
We wish to appoint a Learning Assistant who -
• Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils.
• Is able to use their initiative and work well with others.
• Has a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners.
• Is flexible, enthusiastic and passionate.
• Is willing to learn and update skills and knowledge.
In return we can offer you -
• A friendly, committed, hard-working team of staff with a strong learning culture and team ethic.
• A vibrant, diverse and aspirational school community.
• Highly motivated, cheerful and enthusiastic children.
• A range of excellent opportunities for professional development.
• A pro-active, highly skilled and supportive Board of Governors.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through the school office. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application packs can be obtained from Miss Neha Lakhani, School Business Manager or downloaded from the school website: www.westlodge.harrow.sch.uk .
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 16th October 2017.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 18th October 2017.
The successful applicant will take up their post in January 2018.
West Lodge is an equal opportunities employer.