An exciting opportunity for a Learning Assistant to join our growing Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate.The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a brand new, purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We are now looking for a Learning Assistant to join us on our journey.
The successful candidate will work alongside and support the Class Teacher, making effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement for all children.
The role will also include supporting the school improvement plan led by the Headteacher, whilst promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school.
Advert Closing Date: 5th April 2020
Interview date: W/c 20th April 2020
Working hours: 33.5 per week, 39 weeks a year
Pro Rata Salary: £13,741 - £16,280
This is based on a FTE salary range of £17,322 - £20,523
We can offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff team
- The opportunity to grow and develop within a growing and expanding school
- Good on the job training opportunities
- The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
- Enhance maternity & sickness entitlement
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
- Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the Foundation Stage curriculum
- Support class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors, including during teachers PPA time
- Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Lime Tree Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.