We are seeking an experienced teacher with the confidence to guide student learning within the school’s Learning to Learn framework. The secondary students complete a significant part of their studies with fellow teachers from other campuses via the virtual classroom facility “Zoom” via their learning platform Canvas.
About the Role:
• Full-time, Temporary 12 month role
• Position commencing January 2020
• Experienced secondary teachers with NSW HSC courses is essential
• This role may have a small teaching load
• Strong knowledge of Stage 6 assessment procedures and a knowledge of current pedagogical practices.
• Working with senior secondary students. The role will include tracking, motivating and monitoring student progress and liaise with other teachers and parents
• Ability to effectively utilise a number of learning platforms and assist students and staff to use computers and technology in the teaching and learning process
About the School:
• The school is an Independent, co-educational school and fosters the Christian ethos. The school has a rich co-curricular program of sport, music and community involvement.
• Renowned for its small class sizes and innovation in self-directed learning and technology
• School offers learning opportunities such as video conferencing and online resources.
• No extra-curricular teacher participation requirements on weekends
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1912-541051SL– email@example.com
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1912-541051MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).